According to the instructions of the Ministry of Finance and the new support economic measures the following changes are noted
- For the period of 1/6/2020 up to 31/10/2020 VAT is reduced for the services of transport of people and their luggage from 24% to 13%
- According to the decision no. A.1118 exceptionally due to the emergency and unpredictable need for the dealing with negative financial consequences connected to the appearance and spreading of coronavirus COVID-19 the decision no. A.1018/2020 (G.O.G. B’ 361/7.2.2020) is suspended from its commencement, namely the “Specialization and proof of the criterion of use and exploitation in charters of professional pleasure yachts”. Since 24.4.2019 and henceforth for the specialization and the proof of the criterion of use and exploitation and for the calculation of the taxable value in charters of pleasure yachts of l. 4256/2014, those mentioned in the current legislation are applied proportionately up to 24.4.2019, according to the clarifications provided by the D. 1156/1997. Therefore the former measure for the calculation of the VAT fares exemption returns depending on the boats category. More specifically the following are applied:
The VAT (13%) in the charter agreement of professional pleasure yachts is defined as follows:
- Tourist ships that perform international trips beyond our territorial waters, when they approach foreign ports with proof are discharged from V.A.T.
- Tourist ships that perform international trips beyond our territorial waters without proving their approach to a foreign port are entitled to a 60% V.A.T. (category I) . Onwards and till 30.10 The VAT will be : 5,2 % .
- Tourist ships that depart from a Greek port and perform trips of great navigation (i.e. Piraeus, Corfu, Northern Greece, Mytilini, Crete and Dodecanese) are subject to 50% VAT discount (category II). Onwards and till 30.10 The VAT will be : 6.5 %
- Tourist ships that depart from a Greek port and perform trips of small navigation (i.e. Piraeus to Cyclades, Northern Sporades, Zante, Cephalonia, Corfu ) are entitled to 40% VAT discount (category III). Onwards and till 30.10 The VAT will be : 7.8%
- Tourist ships that perform trips of limited range (i.e. trips from Piraeus to ports of Saronic and Argolic Gulf or from ports of N. and S. Euboean Golf up to Volos or between ports within the Corinth Gulf up to Patras) are subject to 13% VAT.
The relevant VAT Directive which recalls the VAT Directive A.1118/2020